Saturday, August 16, 2014

Game Philosophy

     The game of life. We've all played. And if you have, then you'll agree with me on something. It is not an accurate representation. Now, it doesn't take that much life experience to get this. Even a twelve-year-old child could tell you that. Real life isn't a board with individual spaces that represent our different positions in life. If you tried to make a board game that was realistic to real life, the board would look more like a picasso painting. You start wherever, and you end whenever.

     In lieu of this, I've devised a not so difficult philosophy about life in general. You can view this in two ways, as a video game or as a regular ol' game. I will go through both. Life's a big game: a video game, let's start with that. In a video game you spawn, in life's case, you're born into the world. Video games all have training sessions and tutorials that guide you through your first steps. In real life this would be known as your childhood. Mistakes you make in your tutorial sessions don't have that many real consequences, you simply get back up and try again. As you grow older you are given more slack until you have no tether. You can do whatever, within reason that is. Life ends when your game is over, or when you make a stupid decision. So you see, life's complicated, but not really. Everything we do is simply leading to where we're all going. It depends on your beliefs where you think you're going, but I sure know where I want to go...

     Anyway, at this point I would explain the board-game portion of life, but the video-game sections seems to have wrapped it up pretty well. So I won't. Since this has shaped up to be a pretty short post, I want to do something that I've been meaning to do for a while now. Below are various links leading to other blogs that I follow. I know the administrators of each one personally, so you may not find them as entertaining as I do, but none-the-less. I've been meaning to do it for a while, so here it is.

Purple Effervescence
http://purpleeffervescence.blogspot.com/
As stated, I know this young woman personally, and I recommend reading it.

Concepts and Pistachios
http://conceptsandpistachios.wordpress.com/
This was the blog that inspired this one. I highly recommend reading it as well. The administrator of this blog is one of the few people I know that can challenge me in the art of raw random.

Anything Goes
http://therobertrichter.blogspot.com/
I also know the guy that runs this blog. Sensing a trend? Check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment