Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Story writing and relaxing brain

    Hi there. So I finally started writing that really long steampunk story I've been talking about. I'd say it's going pretty well. Can't complain I suppose. It's pretty difficult to actually write the thing. I have to describe the events as if I have no idea what they are. In my head I've totally imagined what everything looks like, so in theory I would be able to describe characters and places as I envision them, with little thought. But unfortunately, readers don't have that ability. Most readers need that thick, syrupy description of a person or place. And that's what's taxing my brain about writing this.

     My past works have been (pardon my confident tone) decent, but I feel that they've been lacking a little something. They just don't sound like a professional story from a pro writer. That's what I've really been working on in this new story. I honestly think the hardest part about the story is the introductory portion. It's perhaps the most crucial element of the story, and serves as the backbone.

     Anyway, yeah, writing this story is hard because, well... you know. I just told you. The main purpose of me writing this post is to just be able to write without having to over analyze each sentence and make sure it sounds eloquent and smooth. It's my blog, I can write whatever the heck I want to write about.

     This post is boring. It's okay, I've come to terms with it. Some of my posts are simply boring works of me rambling on about my mediocre life. Give me some slack, it's 12:45 AM right now. So to remedy this problem (for this post at least), I will talk about something random. Like levers.

     Have you ever noticed in movies and TV shows, when a character is pulling a lever into the high position, they break it? The device then enters into a frenzy of extreme power. Tell me, does this make any sense?

     If that logic existed in our world, we would be much better off. Imagine if a power plant doesn't like their power output, "Hey Tim, break that lever will ya'? Yeah, we need to kick it into overdrive." Or even in a car (specifically a stick shift), "Gear 1, Gear 2,  Gear 3, oh look, Gear 27! *snap*" Yep, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. Have an epic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment