Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Redneck Paintball Gun

     A week or so ago I was holding a ketchup packet. I squished the container in between my fingers feeling the liquid/solid course through the weak plastic. That's when it hit me. If you were to squeeze a ketchup packet hard enough, it would burst, splattering its contents everywhere. What if you could direct this squirting power onto a would-be attacker?

Thus, the idea for the Redneck Paintball Gun came to be. I was surprised that such a contraption has not yet been made (according to google that is). The other day I was drafting designs for said device, thinking of ways to convert energy into the squishibility of the ketchup packet.

Basically, you have to put a slit in the front of the packet, then hold it in place on the device. Then, a rubber-band/ spring powered wedge would slam down on the rear of the packet, causing an "explosion". The tricky part is directing the projectile liquid.

Paintball guns compact the paint into a ball, so worrying about it spraying everywhere upon launching is not an issue. However, when you go redneck style, you have to worry about that. Making a barrel is unrealistic because the ketchup would stick to the sides. My brain hurts now. Uhhhhhhhg.

No comments:

Post a Comment