Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pronunciation and short stories

There are so many annoying words that people pronounce weird. Below are just a few.

-Route
-Caramel
-Coupon
-Bag
-Data
-Envelope

Almost all these can be pronounced in two ways. When you point out the strange pronunciation to the person who said it, they'll reply with, "Tomato, Toe-motto." But honestly, who pronounces tomato toe-motto? Just another fluke in the English language I suppose. Talking about the English language makes me think of different accents. It would be so cool to talk in a different accent. Then again, most people would like to talk in the accent that doesn't belong to their country. Most Americans wish they could talk in a British accent, and British people probably wish they could talk in an American accent...maybe. But yeah, accents are cool, especially accents that we don't speak in of course.

Concerning short stories, I'm planning on actually posting a short story eventually. And the serangiffus i'm writing, I may post in parts. Which is kinda mean because it would keep you hanging. But, it's a bit heavy in text so posting it all at once would be rather difficult. So on an unrelated note, I realized this is yet another short post. So in the future, prepare for me to rant a bit more. Until then, I  *in Russian accent* will see you later.      

No comments:

Post a Comment